If you would like to have a prescription for the Contraceptive pills, please use the review form by clicking HERE it is also found under Forms & Reviews.
Repeat prescriptions are prescriptions that your GP has previously authorised to be obtained without assessment. This includes, for example, medications for long term conditions such as Diabetes or Heart Failure. Patients normally attend regular follow ups every few months.
How To Request a Repeat Prescription
We still run the old system of prescription, however, we moved towards complete electronic prescriptions and about 99% of our current prescriptions are electronic. Please fill the Repeat Prescription Request Form, which can be found attached to your latest prescription. Hand it in to Reception or send with a S.A.E.
3 Ways to Request Prescriptions On-line:
1. Register with our medical system provider, this online system is called Patient Access, you need to obtain your authorisation slip from the practice in person.
2. Register with the national NHS App. You will need to provide an ID.
3. If you have not registered with the above then you may fill in the form below
Telephone or verbal requests cannot be taken by admin staff to avoid error.
Processing of repeat prescriptions takes up to 48 working hours.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
It is cost effective to buy a Prescription Prepayment Certificate if you are paying for your prescriptions and have 2 or more items to pay for each month
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.15
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £105.90*
- 3-month PPC: £29.65
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
*There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website. or click here